1. We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
Our full name: Edgware Masorti Synagogue (Hereafter EMS).
Our contact details: EMS, Stream Lane, Edgware, HA8 7YA. 020 8905 4096. . .
2. We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
To monitor and improve our service to you, and to contact you with EMS news, newsletters, and information about events that are going on, whether organised by EMS, or which EMS is supporting;
To ask you to take part in community activities for which you have volunteered (such as kiddush, security or services rotas) or to invite you to volunteer;
To meet pastoral and welfare needs and to invite you to engage in community initiatives;
To tell you about fundraising activities that EMS is promoting and to invite you to make donations;
We may send you emails, text messages, social media messages and hard-copy post about such activities and services, and we may on occasion telephone you. We might also contact you by email, post or phone to discuss the content of these communications with you for market research purposes.
3. The lawful basis for processing the personal data of our members, service users and supporters is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so, namely that as a community we need to hold a certain amount of personal data relating to these data subjects so that we can provide a service and communicate with them.
4. The lawful basis for processing any sensitive data you provide us with (for example, religious affiliation or medical information) is your explicit consent.
5. The lawful basis for sending you electronic marketing communications is your consent.
6. The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are: EMS, volunteer members and Masorti Judaism (including Masorti Judaism’s youth movement, Noam, and its young adult arm, Marom). In addition, we pass a limited amount of data to the Jewish Joint Burial Society, the burial scheme associated with EMS.
7. If we are relying on your consent to process data or send you marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
8. In order to ensure our communications with you are relevant, we may supplement our records by adding data about you from publicly-available sources of information.
9. Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information. In order to contact you, we may provide your details to a volunteer who has responsibility for an event or activity, and if we do so, we do so on the strict basis that it is only to be used for that limited purpose. We may make your data available to third party contractors for the purpose of operating our services (for example, mailing houses, tour operators). Any such contractor will be required to store your data securely, use it only for the intended purpose, and to destroy it upon completion of the service for which it is being used.
10. We do not make our mailing list available to any third parties other than Masorti Judaism and we will not disclose your personal data to anyone else, unless required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or an official regulator.
11. We will keep your data secure, using up-to-date software, secure passwords and backup solutions.
12. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of your engagement with EMS as a member, supporter or service user, and for seven years after your last interaction with EMS.
13. In order to help us communicate with you and to store data cost-efficiently, we use various third-party solutions, some of which store the data using cloud-based technologies. This means that personal data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area.
14. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
15. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the way we process your personal data.
16. Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement, except details for the burial scheme associated with EMS, or if you are getting married under the auspices of EMS – if you do not supply your personal data to us, we will not be able to process your burial scheme or wedding application. Apart from these circumstances, however, if you do not provide your personal data to us we will be unable to provide a service to you or to keep you informed about EMS.
Publication Date: 02-Dec-2019